4 important features I miss

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pedstone 6 years, 9 months ago.

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket
  • Author

pedstone
    Lifetime Member

Was just testing the plugin and so far it looks really great – well done! congrats

But something I do miss are the following features:

– Setting to enforce strong passwords with a password meter in the registration form
    – Option for auto-generation and mailing of a strong password
    – Option to add a list of usernames which are not allowed to be used in registration
    – Option for auto-generating username based on name or email adress

And this feature which maybe I didn’t found yet, but would be needed too:

– Option for the registered user to change the display name

Those are the requirements I would need to match before I can use UserWP in client projects

Giri
    Expired Member

Option for auto-generation and mailing of a strong password

This is there. All you have to do is disable password field.

– Option to add a list of usernames which are not allowed to be used in registration

This is already added in UsersWP – Restrict Signups addon

– Option for the registered user to change the display name

Check the Display Name field in form builder. Its already added when activating the UsersWP plugin.

– Option for auto-generating username based on name or email adress

This is possible but only when the user get connected to a social network via our UsersWP social addon.

Setting to enforce strong passwords with a password meter in the registration form

We will be concentrating on this feature once UsersWP become a stable version. Thanks for the feedback.

pedstone
    Lifetime Member

Hi Giri

thanks for this fast reply and pointing me to the right settings 🙂

What I couldn’t find, is the Restrict Signup Addon but I guess that’s still work in pogress.

Question: When would addon become available, as this would also make the question about auto-generated username obsolete

After a new test run with the changed settings I came across some minor issues:

– The Display Name Field in the Edit Account Form shows empty even with a Display Name assigned to the user (Nickname in WP Default user management, I guess)

– Password Reset Mail isn’t a clickable link in some mail clients (just tested it in Thunderbird, but might happen in other desktop mail clients as well)

What I havn’t tested yet is, if I could login with username or mail address.

If this is possible, then it might be helpful for users, if text in the login form would be Username or e-mail address.

Giri
    Expired Member

We have not relaesed the addons yet. Addons are under review. Stiofan review the plugins and then release it one by one.

I’ll check the bugs you mentioned.

At the moment users can login only with username. I’ll fix that in future versions.

Thanks

pedstone
    Lifetime Member

Thanks for looking into this 🙂

In the meantime I can live with it and start when the Restricted Signup Plugin is out.

You folks do an awesome job, thumbs up for the whole team.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

We have moved to a support ticketing system and our forums are now closed.

Open Support Ticket