I just installed UsersWP and have a few questions..
1. Is it possible to make users be registered as a certain role on registration? I couldn’t see the option.
2. Is it possible to make the user list to just see certain roles and not all users?
3. Why doesn’t the email address display on the profile page? I was looking for a way for the admin to be able to view member details such as this, either on this page or somewhere else – I imagine the email isn’t displayed because it is a public page, but I would be making them admin accessible only.
Basically I am looking for a solution to this issue: https://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/topic/88060-member-management-system/
So far this plugin looks close, but may fall short unfortunately 🙁
Our plugin is flexible so it can be extended more using the hooks and filters we have provided in core UsersWP plugin. So all above points can be done with small customization by a WP developer. We don’t support customization here but if you have any issues in customization just let us know here and we are here to help you.
Thanks Patrik. Is there somewhere I can read about the hooks and filters? I couldn’t see it in the documentation.
Most of the things are mentioned in our documentation here https://userswp.io/docs/ but if you think something is missing just let us know and we will add it.
That’s where I was looking but I don’t see any documentation on what hooks and filters are available to use with the plugin.
I would suggest you hire a developer who will find the hook from code easily and do the customization for you. There may be possibilities that you will not find what you want in the documentation. We have it for general instructions.
No worries – I actually am a developer, but thought it’d be a lot easier reading a doc with all the available hooks/filters than having to dig through the code for them – all good though, I will have a look 🙂
Just wondering though, because I am on a bit of a deadline, do you provide customisation services? Sure you could do what I need a lot faster than me since you built the plugin 🙂
Stiofan O’ConnorSite AdminPost count: 22475
We don’t do customisations, we prefer to spend our time make the products better as a whole.
1. We don’t have a specific setting for this, i imagine there are plugins to change this and if not there will be WP hooks.
2. Not in the frontend no. The user can remove themselfs from the list in their privacy settings or you can remove certain users from the list under the UWP>Users setting.
3. You can set the email to be viewable under the forum builder settings, just make it public and tell it where to show.
Ok thank you.
The topic ‘Few questions’ is closed to new replies, this may be for inactivity, please open a new topic if you have a similar question.